ADVERTISEMENT

Projecting the Numbers in 2022

Trace Travers

What a Bonanza!
Staff
Apr 14, 2016
Just wanted to put something up about the numbers for 2022. I've said previously that 15 is the starting point for this class, depending on departures it could be similar in number to the 2021 class, but I do expect a relatively smaller number than the past few seasons.

QB - 1
Already have this in Justyn Martin, right now I'd expect him to be the only QB in the class
RB - 2
Since Cal didn't take an RB in 2021, I expect them to take two in 2022.
WR - 1-2
To take one, it'd have to be someone excellent, so the Bears will likely take two wideouts. Not the biggest need in the class considering the strength of the 2021 and 2020 groups
TE - 1+
Probably going to be more than one, but it will depend on attrition at the position. Collin Moore will not be returning after the 2021 season, whether Tonges and Reinwald follow him or stay for the extra year will be something to watch
OL - 3+
One of the bigger needs in the class with Saffell, Williams and Daltoso all gone after 2021. OL has some depth this year and next, considering who has experience, so there's room to bring in guys that could take more time to develop
DL/OLB - 3+
Already have a big one in Damonic Williams here, I'd expect this group to be around 4 by the time the cycle closes
ILB - 1
Probably the least pressing need of the class, they may not take an ILB, but for the sake of balance they might
DB - 3
Expect more corner-types in this class than safeties, considering some of the young depth Cal has at those spots

Any questions, feel free to ask

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News