ADVERTISEMENT

Offer reaction: Berkeley High WR Jackson Harris talks hometown offer

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Berkeley High receiver Jackson Harris has put together an impressive senior season but has flown mostly under the radar. That changed last week as he picked offers from both Cal and Stanford, and now the two rivals are battling it out for the hometown prospect. Harris has built a strong relationship with Burl Toler, and he has a great feel for what the Bears are about being from the area. He is still learning more about Stanford and will take an official visit to the school later this month. He says there is no ill will about Cal taking its time to offer him. He understands that there has been limited room at his position and that the staff still wanted to see more from him. He says the Stanford coaches have pointed out how they don't understand why it took Cal so long to come around. So, that is interesting.

He is set on the two Pac-12 schools right now but says Oregon and Washington State have been communicating with him recently as well. Cal has done a good job of positioning itself well, but he geninuely seems very intrigued by the Cardinal.

Still, Cal provides him with a comfort level he doesn't have anywhere else.

"There's a lot of love there. Everybody's real cool. Everybody loves the sport, and it feels genuine. Coach Toler is obviously a legendary receiver coach. He played at Cal with Aaron Rodgers. He keeps it a hundred. We always talk. Even if I weren't to go to Cal, I'm sure we'd still talk because he's just a great mentor to have. Then all the other staff. Coach [Marshall] Cherrington, that's my guy. We talk all the time. Just fun people. Enjoyable people to be around."

Read the full update at the link up top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News