ADVERTISEMENT

Men's BB Practice Today

Harky4

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2011
Orinda, CA
I went to the men's basketball practice this afternoon. I was impressed with the energy and focus of the players and coaches, with Mark and his assistants constantly teaching, individually and as a team. IMO, this squad is as talented and athletic as any Cal team since Cuonzo was running the show. Cal scrimmaged Boise State recently and lost by double digits. Fardaws scored something like 18 points and has 12 rebounds in that scrimmage. However, Jaylon Tyson could not play due to the absence of his NCAA waiver. Jaylon looks like a real stud and will be our best and most talented player, as well as the team's on-court leader. Jalen Celestine finally looks healthy and seemed to have not lost the sweet shot that he possessed 2 years ago. Jalen will be in the regular rotation IMO. Also IMO, the likely starters would appear to be Fardaws, Grant, Keonte, Jaylon and either Jaylen (Cone) or a healthy and bearded Devin at the PG. Rodney Brown is impressive and will be in the regular rotation as a frosh. Vladmir reminded me of Jorge, pony tail and all, as a player who just is tenacious and aggressive. I can see Vladmir coming off the bench, because he is a tenacious defender.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News