ADVERTISEMENT

I just spoke with two recruits: Juhwan Harris-Dyson and Nassir Little

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I recently interviewed 2017 wing Juhwan Harris-Dyson of Earl Watson Elite and 2018 4-star wing Nassir Little from Florida. Juhwan has an offer from Cal and Little doesn't have an offer but has received interest. I will get both articles completed as soon as I can, but in the meantime, here are key quotes from both guys.

Juhwan on his relationship with the Cal staff: "My relationship with both Coach Martin and Coach Webster is fairly new. However, in the short time we've been speaking, I've come to realize that they are pretty straight shooters who speak from their hearts. And that's really important to me.

The first time I realized that Cal was interested in me was in April 2016."

Juhwan on other schools in the picture: "I have offers from UC Davis, San Jose State & Utah State so far.

I've been hearing from USC, Tulane, Colorado, Univ of Denver, Rice, Stanford, Univ Nevada Reno, Pepperdine, Santa Clara, Univ of Montana to name a few."

Juhwan on academics: "Academics are extremely important to me (and my family). Because Cal has such a stellar academic reputation, it would be impossible not to factor it into my decision as well as what it would mean for my life after basketball. It's at least a factor of 50%."

Nassir on his relationship with the Cal staff: "They've been recruiting me for a while, about a year. My coaches talk to them because they can't talk to me directly. But they've talked recently."

Nassir on other schools in the picture: "I've been hearing from Kansas, Maryland, UNC, Alabama, Duke, Ohio st, etc. I've been offered by Miami, Georgia, George Washington, FSU, UF, Louisville, and USC. No there isn't a main front runner at the moment."

Nassir on academics: "Big deal to me. I have a 4.0 gpa and I take academics very seriously and I'm looking for a school with a good biology program."

I will save the rest for the article, but I will say that I was very impressed with what both young men said about academics. Nassir's 4.0 GPA is impressive and Cal has an excellent biology program. I would be shocked if they didn't offer this kid a scholarship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News