ADVERTISEMENT

I just spoke with Ira Lee, Jemarl Baker, Jr. and Alec Hickman

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I interviewed Ira Lee, Jemarl Baker, Jr., and Alec Hickman this weekend to talk about their various AAU events. Ira and Jemarl were both at the UUA Session 1 (Under Armour Association) event in New York City. This event had a ton of college coaches in attention like Tom Izzo, Sean Miller, Cuonzo Martin, and countless others. As for Alec Hickman, he was in Dallas at some type of Adidas gauntlet event.

Anyways, I have three articles coming your way, but to hold you guys over until they get completed, here are some key quotes from each player.

Jemarl Baker, Jr. on what has been most fun about the event: "Just the atmosphere of the whole event. It doesn't get any bigger than New York City."

Jemarl Baker, Jr. on how much these type of events help him grow as a player: "It helps me grow a lot because every game I'm playing people that are good. So you just have to be ready every game."

Alec Hickman on what he has enjoyed most about his event: "Playing against good competition and going against kids from the US."

Alec Hickman on the biggest difference between high school ball and AAU: "AAU style ball is a lot faster and way better competition overall. There is also much more intensity in AAU."

Ira Lee on what he has enjoyed most about the event: "I had a lot of fun. UAA definitely has some talented dudes and the general atmosphere of the event was high energy and exciting which is what you expect in Spring ball."

Ira Lee on the intensity of AAU ball: "It's like we're playing for something bigger than us. For example if we play a team from Texas, it's the West Coast vs. the South and that kind of deal."

Ira Lee on where Cal fits in the recruiting picture: "Right now I'm still open for the most part with my recruitment, but Cal is definitely one of my top schools. I've taken more than a few visits there and they just show so much love."

Ira Lee on which Cal game was his favorite to attend: "The U of A game. That was probably the best game."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News