ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Athletics Fund Annual Report for 2021-2022

Harky4

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2011
Orinda, CA
I just received such report, along with Jim's happy holidays' card, via UPS overnight. There are some interesting data in such report, such as total funds raised $39.6 M; $11.7 M for endowments and $14.4 M for operations; 10,882 total gifts by 5,926 donors who break down as 4,293 alumni, 1,064 friends, 510 parents and 45 corporations/ foundations. The relatively small number of donating alums is shocking, considering how many there are in existence. Mega gifts specifically recognized for rugby, men's water polo and women's lacrosse. Revenues break down as 23% philanthropic contributions; 26% from UC; 11% royalties, advertising and sponsorships; 7% ticket sales; 20% media rights; 1% parking and concessions; and 1% other. Expenses are 11% athletic student aid; 24% sports-specific costs; 43% for coaching support staff and administration compensation and severance payments; 3% medical insurance; 2% campus fees; and 17% for other athletic department expenses. The comparison of funds supporting athletes versus coaches and administrators is an eye opener when I must consider where my donated $s are being spent and makes donations to NIL even more attractive if we want winning football and men's basketball teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News