ADVERTISEMENT

2023 WR Ismael Cisse: Cal "definitely put themselves in a good spot" after early March visit

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Colorado receiver Ismael Cisse is one of the priority targets at receiver for Cal's coaching staff. He made the visit out to Berkeley back in early March during the team's big junior day, and he has continued to form a strong connection with the program. Burl Toler III and Marshall Cherrington have led the way for the Bears, but that relationship grew even more once Cisse was able to get on campus. The Bears are right in the mix as he continues to look at his options. Colorado recently hosted him for a visit and he'll be back on campus with the Buffaloes in late April, but Cal has become a big part of the process. I spoke to him to get his thoughts on the process overall with Cal highlighted by his time on campus a few weeks ago.

“Oh yeah, they definitely put themselves in a good spot. Just like I said, the honestly of the coaches and them wanting me to come in with the mindset to start, and the way the head coach is changing the program. I know he had offers to go back to his alma mater, back to Oregon, but he sees something in Cal’s program. So that stuck out to me knowing that the coach got a dream job that he would want but decided to stay because he knew he was building something there. So, I would definitely say the loyalty of the program definitely boosted up for me. Then just the coaches and how they want you to win and always put you in the best position.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News