ADVERTISEMENT

2023 OL Caleb Lomu looking to visit Cal soon

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Arizona-based tackle prospect Caleb Lomu was one of the more impressive linemen at the Under Armour NEXT camp recently, and he's been putting together a good offseason on the camp circuit overall. I imagine he is someone who will see his recruitment reach another level once coaches are able to leave campus and evaluate this spring, but for now Cal has done a good job of separating itself in his recruitment. The feeling right now is that Arizona, Cal and Washington are the schools out front as he continues to see his recruitment stay busy with new offers. The Bears offered him last month and have quickly jumped into good position with him thanks to the relationship he is building with Angus McClure. Cal and UW are two schools he wants to visit soon, and right now it is about nailing down a date to make it happen since he is part of his school's track and field team this spring creating a busy schedule.

At some point he is going to make it up to Berkeley, and Cal is one of the schools he's focused on at the moment.

“It’s been going pretty good. I love coach Angus, we’ve been texting a bit. We’re in the process of setting up a little visit for me. I’m excited to get up there, it’ll be fun.”

Lomu is definitely a low key kind of recruit and has a bit of a quiet personality, but he definitely plays with some aggression. Outside of being 6-foot-7 or 6-foo-8, he has everything else you're looking for at the tackle position. There were some very good defensive linemen at the Under Armour camp and none of them really gave him much of an issue.

Reactions: gocalbears1994
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News