ADVERTISEMENT

2023 DB Chris Snyder recaps Cal visit

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Mater Dei Catholic (Chula Vista, California) defensive back Chris "Boom" Snyder was sporting some Cal bracelets over the weekend at the Pylon 7v7 event in SoCal, and he is good friends with current Cal commit RJ Jones. The Bears hosted Snyder on a visit a couple weekends ago for the team's big junior day, and he left impressed by what he saw. Cal is in a good spot with him, and he likes a lot about what the Bears have going on right now. He has actually leaned on Elijah Hicks quite a bit for guidance in the process, and it has helped him learn more about the Bears. Colorado and Oregon State are the two other top schools that are making a strong push. He'll visit Colorado soon, but Cal has positioned itself well with him.

"I’ve been talking with coach Terrence Brown since my freshman year when he was at Washington. He’s been recruiting me really hard. He’s been showing me a lot of love and just giving me tips on how I can improve in my game. Same thing with coach Tre Watson. He took a chance on me when he was at UNLV before he moved over to Cal, and ever since then our bond has been very strong.”

He plays a lot of corner right now, but he says Cal likes his versatility and would likely move him either to nickel or safety should he end up with the Bears. He didn't get the ball thrown his way all that much over the weekend, but there are some clips of him in action below. He has a good frame, and I think I like him a bit more at safety than cornerback.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News