ADVERTISEMENT

Visit recap/update: Manteca LB Blake Nichelson

Matt Moreno

Really Flying Around Out There
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Blake Nichelson had not actually had an opportunity to take a true recruiting visit to Cal until he made it on campus a few weeks ago. The Bears have been a consistent part of his recruitment, so he decided to make the trip from Manteca to Berkeley earlier this month. It allowed him to spend some time on campus with the team and get a better overall feel for the program. It was a positive experience and gave him an opportunity to see the team in person for a spring practice as well. He continues to build a solid relationship with Peter Sirmon while evaluating the Bears as an option. USC and Oregon have both made him a big priority and Washington has continued to have him at the top of its board as well. He visited Utah recently and has seen Oregon and USC a couple times over the last month or so.

Oregon has become a major player for him after his visit for that program's spring game last week, but he did enjoy his time on campus with the Bears and he appreciates the effort being put in by the staff to prioritize him.

“Everything has been great with them. They’re always constantly texting me and showing me a lot of love as well just throughout the entire process. I like the relationship part with them and how they always have, if not coach Sirmon, some of their coaches text me and call me. Even their quarterbacks coach. So, that’s another good thing about them.”

He's working on setting up official visits at this point as he begins to work toward the next phase of the process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News