ADVERTISEMENT

So long and goodbye...... to many of you...

petalumabear

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Hello everyone.... but I guess I should say goodbye...

My sub runs out tomorrow or at midnight tonight not sure exactly but I wanted to say goodbye to all of you and thank you for your contributions here over the many years that I've been posting here (says 2008 on my profile but I was here starting right around 2000)... I've enjoyed so much of the banter - even when it's gotten a bit contentious at times - because we're all here for the same reason. There have been a lot of posters that have left over the years for many different reasons I'm sure. There have been many different folks who managed, published, written articles and engaged in some great give and take. I could go back and list the many who were employed here but they have mostly moved on... I will call out a couple of the recent folks who are still around.... Ben who has been our defacto Cal hoops writer even as he acts (it's all an act right @Ben.?) as the publisher for the Furd along with Trace, Marc, Nam and Matt who despite his Wildcat pedigree has been doing yeomans work here on the football program.

I've enjoyed bantering with many of you over time and I do see a lot of you over on Bear Insider. But I wanted to call out a bunch of you for your give and take with me and the rest of the ever changing cast of characters here...

@BadBucks ... @Harky4 .... @mike79 .. @Colonial Bear .. @RugBear .. @Alkiadt .. @joni.a ...@CalGreg and @droski ... @screenwriter140 and I'm sure many more. This board was my favorite for the majority of the past 20+ years but the changes that have taken place since Trace, Nam and Ben left (by the way Ben you were so right about Fox - and I want you to know that I know that) even with all of Matt's contributions have left things IMO a shell of what they used to be here. I don't see it changing so reluctantly I'm going to move along.

I know that I am seeing many of you already on BI and for those of you that I don't you have your reasons and I respect you for that. The one thing that we are all here for I hope continues to change this year... Madsen (MadDog) sure seems to have a good plan and seeing Cal play for the first time in Haas since COVID reminded me of the best of Monty and Counzo.... the ship is turning. We have a chance thanks to joining the ACC in football and the boost from NIL - Thanks @Sebastabear for your efforts. I hope this is the year - God knows we are due...

Anyway, Let's go Bears and pray that things are finally headed in the right direction...

Petalumabear .... OUT

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.