ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit introduction: 2024 DE LeVar Talley

Matt Moreno

Rankings don't matter
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

LeVar Talley is one emerging as one of the top junior edge rushers on the West Coast, and it has helped him earn some big offers. Oregon has grabbed his attention early and he's headed there next weekend for a visit, but he told me that Cal is the other school he's trying to visit soon. Talley, who is originally from Philadelphia and whose dad played at Temple, plays at Santa Margarita Catholic in Orange County where current Bears defensive lineman Derek Wilkins played. Talley talks with Wilkins about the program and that has him intrigued by what's going on in Berkeley. He admits that the conversation hasn't been exactly consistent with Cal's coaches, but he's hopeful there will be an uptick once the coaches can begin reaching out to him Sept. 1.

He'll be a recruit to keep an eye on as there does seem to be a good amount of interest on his side.

“Derek was talking about how they will always have some type of bonding period, and that’s what I like. I’m a team player, so I like to have a connection with my teammates so that wen we get on the field I can count on them. They talk about the atmosphere and how they play the game. It’s second to none. It’s like lights-out football.”

He's playing a lot of linebacker right now because he is still a bit slim, but he's working on adding weight to eventually make the full transition to defensive end. I've watched him play both positions this offseason and his future is much brighter as a defensive lineman.

Talley played a significant role for his team last season and should be a focal point of the defense this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.