ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Let's raise some money.

Nam Le

not a football guy | dreamkiller le
Apr 21, 2015
This week is the Every Day Should Be Saturday Charity Bowl, in which various fanbases across the college football landscape come together to raise money on behalf of New American Pathways, whose mission is as follows:
New American Pathways is an Atlanta based nonprofit with the mission of Helping Refugees and Georgia Thrive. Our vision is for new Americans in metro Atlanta to become successful, contributing, and welcomed members of Georgia’s communities. We fulfill our goals by offering the most comprehensive, fully integrated continuum of services targeted to meet the specific needs of refugees and other immigrants in Georgia.

Our services support new Americans on their individual pathways from arrival through citizenship with programs that focus on four key milestones along the pathway – Safety & Stability, Self-Sufficiency, Success, and Service. Programs work in concert to guide new Americans on their individual pathways to long-term success.

Last year, they were able to raise $500,000 in a week, and Cal managed to place in the top 25 of fanbases (just barely). This year, we've come out in a force and as of yesterday's standings, we are leading the Pac-12:

Which is why I am coming to you now.

Last night, an anonymous benefactor DMed me on Twitter to say they would be matching donations on Thursday and Friday up to $2000,
which would allow us to essentially double our record donation in the Charity Bowl, as well as set a record for money raised directly by Cal Twitter (~$4000 in 4 days for a student of mine to go to a summer program at Yale a few years ago. She's at UCLA now, for those who are wondering.)

What do you have to do?

1. Donate Any Amount here: https://app.mobilecause.com/e/BzZbrQ?vid=i5hwl

2. Tag your donation under Cal. (As much as I would love for us to fill the leaderboards with: "Still no Stanfurdium", "The California Flagship University", or otherwise, this is the only way to make a united push up the boards. So Cal.)

3. Post a screenshot of the receipt here, and I will tally it up and send it to our benefactor. We've had some tremendously generous donations earlier in the week from some of the folks on Twitter already, but there's still more good we can do, while we still have time to do it.

Bonus: Make the donation something meaningful to you for the Cal program. Maybe the score of a favorite game. Maybe a record or a meaningful number. Explain why here, if you feel so inclined.

Cheers! Thanks for donating for a great cause, and in the name of Cal's Pac-12 supremacy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News