ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Finals has Cal/Stanford connections

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
I wrote an article about former Stanford star Dwight Powell playing in his first NBA Finals, but I made sure to give Jaylen Brown a shout out. The article is here, but if you just want to know what I wrote about Jaylen Brown, I'll spare you having to read through several paragraphs about Dwight Powell (though I do mention Jason Kidd is his head coach):

"P.S. I would be remiss if I did not also mention that I covered Boston Celtics star Jaylen Brown during his freshman year at Cal for Rivals’ GoldenBearReport.com. He's playing in his second NBA Finals and is in search of his first NBA championship. It’s been a lot of fun for me to watch the growth of his basketball career from his days at Cal all the way until now. The thing I remember the most about him is how hard he worked. He was always getting up extra shots in between water breaks and took his craft really seriously. He was constantly looking for ways to improve, which is why he's been able to take his game to another stratosphere."

Reactions: hilgardbear
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News