ADVERTISEMENT

Key Quotes: Jordan Shepherd

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I just caught up with Cal grad transfer commit Jordan Shepherd. Below are key quotes. The rest will be saved for the article.

• I chose Cal because I felt it was the best place for me academically and athletically. There is no better public university than Cal academically. Getting my masters degree from there would be huge for me and my future moving forward once the basketball stops bouncing for me one day. Athletically, I saw it as an opportunity to go somewhere and be part of something that is going to be special. I have the opportunity to come in right away and impact the program immediately and showcase my abilities. Most importantly, I believe this is a place where I can win with the program.
  • My ability to be a playmaker, score the ball, and defense. I believe that I bring all of those things plus veteran leadership. I’m a very experienced guard and believe I can help the younger guys develop as well. I believe I’m a better scorer than what I’ve shown in the past.
  • I could not be more excited to play in the Pac-12. It’s one of the best league in the country if not the best. I’m excited to compete against some of the best players and proving myself to belong as well.
  • I would identify as a combo guard and Cal will use me as such. As a playmaker, I can initiate an offense while being able to score as well. I guard the 1,2,3 positions as well.
  • I actually have not talked to any of my teammates yet but I am sure that will change here in the next few days or so. Everything is still pretty fresh.
  • I know that Coach Fox is a very good guy and a very transparent person. Our conversations were very genuine. He seems like a guy that loves his teams and is very energetic and competitive. I am so excited to play for him and I can’t wait to get out there so that we can grow our relationship on and off the court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News