ADVERTISEMENT

Key Quotes: Jayda Curry

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I just finished interviewing 2021 Cal women's basketball commit Jayda Curry. Below are key quotes. The rest will be saved for the article.

"I think a lot of factors. Number one was the education piece. That put them over the top. Them being in the Pac-12 was important as well, but the education was really important as they really help their students. Charmin [Smith] being a black head coach was a huge factor as well. She played in the WNBA and that is something I want to do as well. I kind of found about it [her WNBA career]. She mentioned it in an interview on Instagram and that played an important role. Knowing I played for someone who has done it before."-On why she committed to Cal.

"Combo guard is what I usually say. I expect to come in and make an immediate impact. Being an impact player scoring wise, defensive wise. Leadership. Being a leader even though I’ll be a freshman. I want to take information from Cailyn and Jazzy and listen to what they have to say." -On what she hopes to bring to the program.

"Lei and Cailyn played for West Coast Premier as well. With Jazzy, she played at Lakeside, which is a different school. We built a strong relationship as well. But those three are the ones I’m connected too."-On her relationship with Jalen Green, Leilani McIntosh, and Cailyn Crocker.

"The two universities that I took unofficials to were San Diego State and UC Irvine. I wasn’t able to officially or unofficially visit Cal or any other school. But, my mom, dad, and little sisters and I drove to Cal. We were able to walk through the campus and eat. I was able to get a feel for what life would be life on campus as well."-On her visit to Cal with her family.

"I think for me, just the competitive aspect. I just think being in that conference [the Pac-12] because of the competition. They bring it night in, night out. Just learning the lessons of being a young adult and learning not just from the coaches, but people on campus."-On what she's looking forward to about playing college hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News