ADVERTISEMENT

I spoke with 2017 3-star forward Abu Kigab yesterday

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Yesterday, I spoke with Abu Kigab, who has narrowed his list of schools down to Illinois, Tennessee, USC, Oregon, UCLA, and Cal. I will thread the key quotes from our conversation and save the rest for the article. What I will say is that based on my interview with him, I have a different perception of how he is being valued by the program. It sounds like he is still very much in play to come to Cal.

Cal needs a guy who can play the small forward position in 2017 and he can definitely do that due to his 6-7", 210 pound frame. As for him and Ira Lee playing together, it's possible he could be used as a chip to get Ira Lee. They get along great. So actually, Cal is probably open to having both players. Obviously, a lot of it depends on how the rest of the 2017 class shakes out.

“I have a really good relationship with the whole staff. I talk with Cuonzo Martin almost every day. We don’t just talk about basketball, we talk about life. Our relationship grows every single day. I talk to them every day. He [Coach Martin] tells me what I need to work on and talks to me about how to get better as a basketball player and as a person. Coach Cuonzo really helps me in all aspects of life.”-Kigab on his relationship with the program.

“I like the way they play. They have a system that really allows you to play as a wing player. Play off pick and rolls and really show your whole arsenal as a wing. I can trust them.”-Kigab on what he likes about the team.

"Cal will be one of the visits. I think I’m doing it in September. I have an official visit set up with Cal, I just can’t remember the date."-Kigab on his official visits.

"Right off the bat, we clicked right away. I feel like I can lean on him when times are hard."-Kigab on his relationship with Ira Lee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News