ADVERTISEMENT

I have Tyrone Wallace going #42 overall to the Utah Jazz

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I am currently plowing through my mock draft on my NBA blog and I just got to Tyrone Wallace. This is what I wrote about him on there:

With the 42nd pick in the 2016 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, I have the Utah Jazz selecting California senior point guard Tyrone Wallace. I got to know Tyrone Wallace really well on the Cal basketball beat last year for Rivals.com. He's got great size for an NBA point guard (6'5", 205 pounds) and he is a lefty, which makes him more challenging to guard. Tyrone Wallace's major strengths are his size, athleticism, and ability to run the point guard position. NBA teams always like point guards who can see over the defense and Tyrone Wallace will have no problem doing that in the NBA. Tyrone Wallace rebounds well and does a great job at getting in the lane and finishing around the rim.

What Tyrone Wallace needs to work on is his shooting. He can score (15.3 points per game last season), but he isn't a great shooter (29.8% from 3-point range and 64.9% from the foul line). His upshot is high due to his physical package for a point guard, but if he wants to have a long career in the NBA, his shooting percentages must improve.

As for why Utah, I think the Jazz could use a versatile combo guard who can play both positions off the bench. They aren't in need of any one position, but they could use more versatility. Plus, Tyrone Wallace has experience playing with quality big men, so he should play well in the pick and roll with Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.