ADVERTISEMENT

Cuonzo Martin NBA Draft quotes

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, there was a teleconference today with Cuonzo Martin about the NBA Draft. Here are some of the things that he told us.

Cuonzo Martin NBA Draft quotes

On Jaylen Brown: “It’s what you are looking for. You have a guy who’s 6’7”, 225. Has a lot of tools and a lot of skill. I think he’d be great for them with an experienced team like that. It wouldn’t surprise me at all. I think he’d be a great fit.”

On Jaylen projected to get drafted so high: “It’s a big deal most importantly for Jaylen and his family. He’s put the work in.”

On Jaylen not hiring an agent: “I think where an agent helps is with negotiations. The salary’s fixed based on where you are drafted. He’s a wonderful young man, he’s a smart man. Just because he didn’t hire an agent doesn’t mean he’s not gathering information. I haven’t met any NBA team that says ‘What’s he doing?’”

On Tyrone Wallace’s NBA potential: “They love his all-around game. They question his ability to make the 3-point shot, but everything else they like. I think it’d be great if he went undrafted so he can pick the team.”

On an NBA comparison for Tyrone Wallace: “Tyrone reminds me of Jalen Rose. Jalen was a 6’8” guy running the point and Tyrone is 6’5”, but both are left-handed guards. Very similar.”

On an NBA comparison for Jaylen Brown: “Jaylen, it would be more you look at him as a LeBron James/Dominique Wilkins, those type of guys.”

On Marcus Lee: “I think just watching him in our workouts, there’s no doubt in my mind he’s a 30-minute guy. I’ve been very impressed with him. We knew he was a local kid. I think for him it was about the best fit for him. Academics matters a lot to his family. His mom really wanted him to prepare for life off the court.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.