ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of comments on depth chart and roster updates

Calhoopfan

Drinking John Elway's Tears
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
1.) Our OL is getting bigger. Moore is up 5lbs, Borrayo is up 15lbs, V. Johnson is up 10lbs, Granado is up 15lbs, Uluave is up 15lbs - Me thinks our new OL scheme has resulted in some S&C goals for the hogs

2.) If you're hurt, you can drop down depth charts. Noa is listed 4th at the H spot?! He's our 3rd most experienced WR in terms of catches.

3.) Dykes/Spavital not afraid of true frosh - Stovall and Bankhead are 1 and 2 at the Y receiver position.

4.) We're not just young at WR, we're stupid young. 10 freshman are listed at WR on the depth chart, only two seniors and 5 juniors?!!

5.) I think our depth at LB looks a lot better than it does at Safety and we're not that young at LB (and me thinks we're going to see some position switches early in camp from nickel and CB to Safety). The top 6 have 8 years of playing experience with all but one having 2+ years out of HS.

6.) Our LBs are getting bigger or not?! Downs is up 10lbs, Tongilava 5lbs yet Brown is down to 205lbs and Anoi and Davison are still 225lbs

7.) We're young at DB - 4 of our top 6 CBs are frosh. Vanderbilt and Rubenzer are the only upperclassmen scholarship safeties that are healthy.

8.) We may be young in the secondary but we're tall, with 8 of our 10 two deeps (across 5 spots) being 6 feet or taller.

9.) While the OL was eating, the DL was on the Atkins diet. Looney dropped 5lbs?! Only one 300lb out of 16 listed DL?! Only two greater than 290lbs?! Perhaps this is why Downs and Tongilava are both now 250lbs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News