ADVERTISEMENT

Wyking Jones addresses Arizona and the state of college basketball

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
I didn't include this in my game recap since it's not directly related to the game, but I still thought I would transcribe this for those that are interested.

“I talked to Jay John and Todd about it and for me I’m a coach and so although we are all competitors and we have to compete against each other night in and night out in this conference, you don’t want to see that as a coach. You don’t want to see that and it’s tough. We all know each other. We all hang out and so when you see that it’s just tough. It’s tough, it’s tough, but I don’t know what’s true or what’s false, but if those are the decisions that some folks have made, they have to deal with it.”
-Wyking Jones on the situation at Arizona with Sean Miller.

“Yeah, because for me it takes the focus off of what it should be about and it should be about the players. It should be about the teams, not us coaches and so at the end of the day you don’t tune into the game to watch us, you tune into the game to watch them and so it takes away the focus of what it’s really all about.” –Wyking Jones on his disappointment in what’s happening to college basketball as a whole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News