ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting roundup: Feb. 22, 2022

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

I gathered some info on various Cal targets to get updates on where thing stand with the Bears. A couple of the prospects Cal offered early are beginning to blow up with new offers, but Cal has been able to remain on their minds and build good connections with them. Two of the key prospects up front in the class are Arizona defensive tackle My'Keil Gardner and Chatsworth-Sierra Canyon defensive lineman Cameron Brandt. Both have previously been on campus with the Bears and both have started to see a bunch of new offers on the table. USC and Oregon are now recruiting both, but Cal remains in contention as well.

I was able to get a couple updates with each of them, and Cal has continued to be persistent with both prospects despite more schools now getting involved.

“Everything is going great with Cal. I talk with coach Browning a lot. I talk to coach Cherrington a lot out there and coach Schrider, and I’m talking to a lot of their coaching staff. They really like me.”

“It’s still been going good. They show a lot of love at Cal. Nothing’s really changed. They show a lot of love. I’m talking with coach Browning on a weekly basis and the other coaches. Just getting to know them besides my D-line coach, so it’s been really good. I feel the love from them a lot.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News