Look Out For UCLA

Discussion in 'Tightwad Hill' started by johnsonbob, Dec 29, 2012.

1. johnsonbob

johnsonbob
    Expand Collapse
    Tosh's Coffee Cup
    Gold Member

Impressive win over no. 7 Missouri last night. That, and the AZ win over FLA helps the PAC 12 . Cal win over UNLV would have been nice. AZ and UCLA are clearly the best in the conf. UCLA is a completely different team than the one with the early season losses (w/o Shabazz Muhammed). SM will be a lottery pick if he comes out. Maybe we will not have to see him after this year. Not looking forward to the first conf. game at Pauley. Best scenario for Cal would be a split in LA and a sweep of the Wash. schools at home.

2. jjfriend

jjfriend
    Expand Collapse
    Kip's Fake ID
    Gold Member

SM is one and done. He looked like a man amonst mostly boys at the McDonald's AA game, and he is just there for one year. We could still beat them but someone (Kreklow?) will have to hold him to having a below average game. We also can't get sucked into playing at the Missouri-UCLA pace of play.
    Go Bears.

3. Harky4

Harky4
    Expand Collapse
    Tosh's Coffee Cup
    Gold Member

Dudes, did you watch us get embarrassed by a mediocre Harvard squad today?

I just hope that we can be in the top half of the PAC 12.

Kreklow is not in game shape due to being shut down to allow his foot hopefully to heal. He will help but not be able to solve our lack of creditable bigs
    Posted from Rivals Mobile

4. johnsonbob

johnsonbob
    Expand Collapse
    Tosh's Coffee Cup
    Gold Member

AZ and UCLA are the class of the Pac 12 and Colorado is right there too. They were a fraction of a second away from beating AZ. They were the best team in the conference at the end of last year and have most of the team back. I'm afraid we are treading water this year and looking forward to next year. I just hope we can be respectable. There are few, if any, gimmees in the Pac 12.