ADVERTISEMENT

AxeALS Event @ Orinda CC 4/3

SBBear47

Kevin Hogan's Shotput Career
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2015
Costa Mesa, CA
I played (rode the bench) back in the Tedford era and am still close to the program. Many of you will remember stud TE, Craig Stevens and his younger brother, fullback, Eric Stevens. For those not already familiar with the story, Eric was diagnosed with ALS shortly after leaving the NFL, starting his career with LAFD and getting married. The diagnosis came a few years ago and he is still battling. The Stevens family started the AxeALS Foundation and I'm actively involved with them. We've run fundraising events and golf tournaments down in Southern, CA and in Atlanta raising money to fight ALS. Our next charity tournament is at Orinda CC. The women's soccer program (Eric's wife, Amanda, was a Cal soccer player), Men's Golf and Football programs will all send some representation and participate. James Hahn, PGA tour pro and Cal Alum will give a clinic ahead of the event. Many of our football alumni circle the wagons, so to speak, to support AxeALS and come out to the events as well.

Some of you may have already joined us at Virginia CC in Long Beach over the last few years and will know, it's a truly amazing day and extremely impactful. We'll be at Orinda CC on 4/3 coming up and are looking to book sponsors, live auction items and foursomes. I would suggest watching the video on Eric's story and last year's SoCal event. Details can be found on the link here. This is, admittedly, an expensive charity tournament but they go over-the-top to make it a wonderful day and it's a great way for the Cal community to rally around one of our own.

If you'd like to register as a single golfer or have any questions, you can DM me and I can help coordinate.

Thank you, @Ryan Young for allowing me to post the info on the board. Go Bears!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News